Californias Great National Parks Summer 2020
Brochure Type: USA, Canada and Central America 2020
Groves of larger-than-life sequoias frame your path through the Land of Giants and the natural wonders of California, from the inferno of Death Valley to the foothills of the Sierra Nevada.
- VISIT Yosemite National Park, Sequoia National Park, Kings Canyon National Park, Mammoth Lakes, Death Valley National Park
- SEE General Grant Tree in King's Canyon National Park, General Sherman, Sequoia National Park, El Capitan, Half Dome, Bridal Veil Falls, Historic Monument, Badwater Basin in Death Valley
- 7 breakfasts
- 2 lunches
- 4 dinners
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels all tried and trusted
- Handcrafted Highlights
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and local charges included
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday
- VIP entry to many sights
Call (337) 234-4100 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14744618
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 3/31/2020
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Las Vegas||Arrive Las Vegas: Begin your exploration of California's national parks in Las Vegas. This evening, meet your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception and then soar 550 feet above the center of the Las Vegas Strip on the High Roller, the world's tallest observation wheel.|
Harrah's Las Vegas
|Day 2||Mammoth Lakes||Las Vegas - Death Valley National Park - Mammoth Lakes: Immerse yourself in the solitude and desolation of Death Valley-UNESCO World Heritage Site and barren, yet unexpectedly lively land of extremes which we will have an opportunity to explore for most of today. Admire scenic views of the undulating rocky landscape at Zabriskie Point and learn about the valley's unique geological features, history and intriguing weather patterns. Descend below sea level to the Badwater Basin. After lunch at 1849 Buffet at The Ranch at Death Valley, we continue through the desert landscape of Death Valley ascending to Mammoth Lakes, our home for the night.|
Mammoth Mountain Inn
|Day 3||Yosemite National Park||Mammoth Lakes - Yosemite National Park (2 Nights): Take a scenic Gondola ride to the peak of Mammoth Mountain and enjoy the stunning views while you enjoy a tasty breakfast. Touch the clouds through the Tioga Pass (seasonal) and enter the UNESCO-listed Yosemite National Park. View Yosemite Valley's El Capitan, Cathedral Rocks, and Bridal Veil Falls. Our 'Stay with a Story' tonight exudes a cosy, ski-lodge atmosphere and is located just a stone's throw from Yosemite Falls.|
Yosemite Valley Lodge
|Day 4||Yosemite||Yosemite Free Time: Explore the National Park today, famed for its giant, ancient sequoia trees. you'll Join a Local Specialist Park Ranger to delve into the natural history, flora and fauna, and people who found sanctuary in these tranquil emerald-green surrounds over the centuries. Driving past Tenaya Lake and Tuolumne Meadows, we journey to Yosemite Valley where we'll embark on a special valley floor tour. The rest of the day is free to go for a walk or hike and take in the breathtaking beauty of Yosemite.|
|Day 5||Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Parks||Yosemite National Park - Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Parks (2 Nights): Stretch your legs in Kings Canyon and gaze towards the sky as you greet the giant boughs of General Grant Tree Enjoy a birds-eye view of the Kings Canyon before you continue along the Majestic Mountain Loop. Towering redwood trunks frame your journey to Sequoia National Park, where we'll spend the night in our 'Stay with a Story' surrounded by forest and soaring Sierra peaks. Spend the evening gazing upwards at the star-spangled sky as a naturalist and Local Specialist guides you through the constellations.|
|Day 6||Sequoia National Park Excursion||Sequoia National Park Excursion: Tread in the footsteps of giants, walking beneath the soaring sequoia canopy to see first-hand the world's largest living tree, General Sherman. Learn about the Giant Forest and its history during a stop at the Giant Forest Museum, then enjoy a leisurely walk along the Big Trees Trail, connecting with the invigorating natural surrounds. Immerse yourself in the pioneer history of the Old West, joining a living-history reenactor and Local Specialist for a barbecue lunch and stories of early life in the mountains. Spend the rest of the afternoon exploring the park on your terms, using the complimentary shuttle system (seasonal).|
|Day 7||Los Angeles||Sequoia National Park - Los Angeles: Travel to Los Angeles, where you'll stroll down Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills, considered America's epicenter of luxury, fashion and lifestyle. As our invigorating encounter with California's epic natural beauty comes to an end, we join your Travel Director and newfound friends for a Farewell Dinner.|
Beverly Hills Marriott
|Day 8||Los Angeles||Depart Los Angeles: Say goodbye to LA and take your transfer to Los Angeles International Airport or consider extending your stay.|
- Crossovers: All 2019 departure dates will operate as per the 2019 brochure. Itineraries, durations, hotels and inclusions may vary. Please inquire at the time of booking.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class
From $2,675.00 (USD)
Tour Type: Regional ExplorerBrochure Type: USA, Canada and Central America 2020Groves of larger-than-life sequoias frame your path through the Land of Giants and the natural wonders of California, from the inferno of Death Valley to the foothills of ...