Majestic Alaska Summer 2020
Brochure Type: USA, Canada and Central America 2020
Explore the scenic river valleys and snow-capped peaks of Alaska, traversing Denali's tundra and Hurricane Gulch to Kenai Fjords National Park-home to Black Bears, the Harding Icefield Trail, Resurrection Bay and Prince William Sound.
- CITY TOUR Anchorage, Fairbanks
- CRUISE Prince William Sound, Kenai Fjords National Park and aboard a paddlewheel boat in Fairbanks.
- ORIENTATION Valdez, Seward, Denali
- VISIT Anchorage, Fairbanks, Denali National Park, Valdez, Seward, Alaska Native Heritage Centre, Dog Musher's Kennel, the Alaska Pipeline, Fairbanks Gold Daughters, Riverboat Discovery, Wrangell St Elias Visitor Centre, Valdez Museum, Musk Ox Farm, Alaska Wildlife Conservation Centre
- VIEW Historic Rika Roadhouse State Park, Alaska Range, Wrangell St. Elias National Park, Mt Denali
- SCENIC DRIVE along the Scenic Seward Byway
- ICONIC TRAIN journey through Alaska's wilderness aboard the Alaska Railroad
- 9 full breakfasts
- 2 lunches
- 5 dinners
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels all tried and trusted
- Handcrafted Highlights
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and local charges included
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday
- VIP entry to many sights
Call (337) 234-4100 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14744870
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 3/31/2020
- 10 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Anchorage||Arrive Anchorage: Welcome to the edge of the wilderness - to a city surrounded by uninhabited landscapes and the perfect springboard to an epic adventure through Alaska. Spend the day recovering from your journey before joining your Travel Director and fellow travellers this evening for a Welcome Reception.|
Hilton Downtown Anchorage Hotel
|Day 2||Denali National Park||Anchorage - Denali National Park (2 Nights): Kickstart your day with a brief Anchorage City Tour before visiting the Alaska Native Heritage Center where you'll gain a deeper understanding of Alaska's 11 major cultural groups through storytelling and authentic demonstrations. We leave Anchorage bound for the untamed wilderness of Denali National Park. A Local Specialist will reveal insights into the rare Sub-Artic flora and fauna of the park before delving into Denali's lively history during a Regional Meal and show at the Denali Dinner Theatre.|
Denali Park Village
|Day 3||Denali National Park||Denali National Park and Free Time: Touch the sky as you wind your way through this untamed wilderness to catch a glimpse of the 'Great One'. Embark on an extensive Denali Natural History Tour during which you'll learn about the Alaskan natives who once lived in the park and the first ascent of Denali, North America's highest peak. You'll have the whole afternoon free to participate in an array of optional activities. See Denali's incredible landscapes on a helicopter flight, battle the wild waters of the Nenana. River or join one of the free Denali National Park Service Programs.|
|Day 4||Fairbanks||Denali National Park - Fairbanks (2 Nights): Tune into your beautiful surrounds you'll have the whole morning to connect with Denali on your terms. This afternoon, we'll join a Local Specialist at a Dog Musher's kennel to learn about the sport of Dog Mushing in Alaska and witness first-hand how these energetic sled dogs lead the way. Later, we'll board the Alaska Railroad, in a deluxe dome railcar, and make our way to the Golden Heart City of Fairbanks. A delicious Regional Meal is served on board a deluxe dome railcar before our arrival in Alaska's Northern Lights capital.|
|Day 5||Fairbanks||Fairbanks Sightseeing: This morning's adventure sees us dig for insights into Alaska's Gold Rush. 'Dive into Culture' with Fairbanks' own Gold Daughters who will guide you through the process of panning for gold in real Alaskan paydirt. Then, board the Riverboat Discovery for further insights into the Gold Rush boom. Visit a recreated Athabascan Indian Village to learn about the culture of the Tanana Athabascans and indulge in the delicious flavours of a traditional salmon bake Regional Meal.|
|Day 6||Valdez||Fairbanks - Valdez (2 Nights): We journey south to the port community of Valdez on Prince William Sound. As you carve your way through this rugged state along the Richardson Highway, Alaska's oldest highway, you'll encounter the snow-capped summits of the Alaska Range, expansive glaciers and views of the Trans Alaska Pipeline which parallels the highway. Stretch your legs during a brief stop at the Historic Rika Roadhouse, an important crossroads for travellers, and the Wrangell St. Elias Visitors' Center, before arriving in Valdez.|
|Day 7||Valdez||Valdez: Delve into the heritage and culture of Valdez, the Copper River Basin and Prince William Sound during this morning's visit to the Valdez Museum. Keep a keen eye out for seals, otters, sea lions and porpoises as you cruise around Prince William Sound, admiring the plunging ice cliffs of Columbia Glacier which have calved giant icebergs into the bay. Enjoy lunch against the backdrop of your wild surrounds before returning to Valdez, your home for a second night.|
|Day 8||Anchorage||Valdez - Anchorage (2 Nights): We begin our return journey to Anchorage this morning, crossing Thompson Pass, one of the snowiest places in Alaska. 'Make A Difference' during your afternoon stop at the Musk Ox Farm. Here you'll join a Local Specialist for a guided tour to view the Artic Musk Oxen and learn how this non-profit organisation promotes sustainable agriculture practice. Continuing your journey west, arriving in Anchorage later today where you'll toast to new friends over a memorable Farewell Dinner at a local restaurant.|
Hilton Downtown Anchorage Hotel
|Day 9||Kenai Fjords Cruise||Anchorage - Seward - Kenai Fjords Cruise: We journey along the Scenic Seward Byway this morning to the port community of Seward. Our first stop is a 'Make a Difference' the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center, where a Local Specialist will reveal the role of this wildlife rehabilitation centre. Next up is a sightseeing cruise, including lunch, into the icy heart of Kenai Fjords National Park. Share the choppy waters with Humpback whales and glacial icebergs as you enjoy a lunch onboard.|
|Day 10||Anchorage||Depart Anchorage: Our adventure through the rugged Alaskan wilderness at its end, we take an airport transfer or connect with a southbound Alaska cruise.|
- Crossovers: All 2019 departure dates will operate as per the 2019 brochure. Itineraries, durations, hotels and inclusions may vary. Please inquire at the time of booking.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class
From $3,425.00 (USD)
Tour Type: Country ExplorerBrochure Type: USA, Canada and Central America 2020Explore the scenic river valleys and snow-capped peaks of Alaska, traversing Denali's tundra and Hurricane Gulch to Kenai Fjords National Park-home to Black Bears, the Hard...